Aish as-Saraya Dessert
Palestinian dessert called aish el saraya is a sweet delight. It is made with either a biscuit or bread. It is soaked with syrup made with sugar and flavored with lemon and rose water. It is then topped with a milk custard . A pebble like ingredient that when ground is used in many baked dishes. It adds a lovely woodsy almost pine like flavor to the custard that is delicious. The dish is topped with pistachio nuts and served with the same syrup the bread was soaked with. It is easy to make and super delicious.
There are two ways to make the dessert and I only recorded one. Apply the same method to the glass cup.Make A Restaurant Style Fruit Smoothie At Home | Recipe
The Sweetener for the dessert
- Combine suger, water and ½ lemon together and keep stirring until boiled. Then remove it from stove and leave it to cool down.
- Smash tea biscuit until soft and add the sweetener to it. Then mix them together.
- Pour the mixed biscuit into glass cups. Bottom layer.
The cream Liquid
- Combine milk and semolina together and stir for 3 mins then add 2 tbsp. starch and 1 tbsp. rose water and stir it until it’s a paste.
- Turn stove off and add puck cream to it and stir it until mixed.
- Pour the mixed cream to the biscuit.
- Cool in the fridge for 5 mins
- Get it out of the fridge and put nuts, topping cream or anything you want for decoration.
- Serve and enjoy the taste.